This Corporate Focus tutorial focuses on how to print stock certificates from the Ownership Type Summary screen and how to export stock certificates to a PDF file.
You can easily print stock certificates from the Ownership Type Summary screen. Printing is based on the default parameter values entered in the Stock Certificate section of the ownership type record, such as the written jurisdiction value and the left and right signature titles.
To print stock certificates:
- Open the Ownership Type Summary screen for the ownership type associated with the stock ownership record. You open this screen by selecting the menu item Ownership > Types. Then, either (a) click the name of the ownership type or (b) select the radio button to the left of the ownership type and then click View.
- In the Quick Links area, select Stock Certificate.
- Click on the value for the Front or Back certificate type. The Select Parameters for Report screen opens.
The default parameter values in that screen come from the ownership type record. Examples of default parameter values include the written jurisdiction, left signature line, right signature line, and front legend.
If you accept the default values, skip to step 6. To change any values, continue with step 4.
- To modify a parameter value, expand the Parameters tab, select a parameter, and then specify its value in the box on the right.
- In order to specify the certificate(s) for which to print a stock certificate, click Advanced Filter. Then in the middle selection click ID Number. Finally, in the right-hand section, select one or more certificate numbers for which to run the certificate.
- Click Preview to generate the stock certificate(s).
- Print the stock certificate(s) by clicking the print icon (). On the print screen, click Preview to see how the certificate will print; click Properties to change printer settings such as the orientation and margin sizes. If you do not like the appearance of your certificate(s), you can instead choose to first export the certificate(s) to a PDF file and then print. See the next section Exporting a Stock Certificate to PDF for more information.
NOTE: Only users with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services SP2 or higher will see the Print icon in this screen. The first time you click Print, a Security Warning window opens. Click the Install button to install the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Client software.
- If you want to print on the other side of the certificate(s), follow these steps: At your printer, load the certificates back into the paper tray (or feed area) so that printing occurs on the other side. Then click Last Screen to return to the ownership type page, and start again with step 3 above. For step 3, click the value (Front or Back) in the other field.
Learn more! For more information about setting up default parameters for stock certificates per ownership type, see the Corporate Focus Help file topic Adding a new ownership type record.
Instead of printing your stock certificate(s) in step 7 above, you can instead choose to export the certificate(s) to a PDF and then print. The reason you would do so is because with some certificates layout and formatting are better retained within a PDF.
NOTE: In order to view and print certificates exported to PDF the user running Corporate Focus must have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5 or higher installed.
- Complete steps 1-6 in the section above.
- In the Select a Format drop-down list choose Acrobat (PDF) file and then click Export.
- In the File Download pop-up window choose Open to open the certificates in Adobe Acrobat.
- Choose File > Print or click the Adobe print icon.
- In the printer properties pop-up window review settings and if necessary make changes to orientation and margin settings.
- Click OK to print the certificate(s).
- If you want to print on the other side of the certificate(s), follow these steps: At your printer, load the certificates back into the paper tray (or feed area) so that printing occurs on the other side. Then click Last Screen to return to the ownership type page, perform steps 3-6 in the above section, and then steps 2-6 in this section. For step 3, click the value (Front or Back) in the other field.