Today, the Corporate Focus team is pleased to announce that we have completed the transition from using the company name “Two Step Software” and the product name “Corporate Focus” to the use of just one name, Corporate Focus, for our company name, product brand and web address. We will miss doing the Texas Two-Step, though we are excited to push forward in 2012 and beyond under one unified name, Corporate Focus.
After almost two decades of going by Two Step Software, we wanted to explain the reasons behind the change to our customers, partners, and friends. We are making this change to consolidate our name under Corporate Focus for two reasons. First, we have become a 100% cloud-based, SaaS company over the past six years and as with most cloud-based systems, your brand is your system name. Second, we wanted to make it clear we are focused on the corporate and equity needs of privately-held companies and the CFOs, controllers, attorneys, paralegals, CPAs, and auditors who work with them.
To our current and future customers, no worries. We remain committed to providing the leading cloud-based equity reporting system for emerging growth companies which helps deliver faster and more accurate results, reduce compliance risk and share information more easily, all while saving time and money. It will continue to manage your equity records, create fully-diluted capitalization tables,
run option expensing reports, and keep track of your entity and compliance information. Of course, we will still provide our A+ level of support and service that has been a hallmark of our success.
The only difference you will notice is that you will not see the Two Step logo any longer and our emails will come from Corporate Focus. When you call for support, we will answer with our friendly greetings, just by starting with “You've reached Corporate Focus.”
Change can be a great thing. The past decade has been a time of exciting change for our product, our company, and the technology market space. Just some of the changes we've seen over the years include:
- Corporate Focus moved to the cloud. When we started this, the only “clouds” people talked about were the ones producing rain. Now, the only “cloud” we are focused on is the incredible cloud infrastructure we use to host our system with our partner Rackspace.
- In fact, we moved everything to the cloud. In the past, our internal files were stored in our offices, and sharing documents and information was difficult and time-consuming. Now, we take care of all of our internal business needs using cloud tools such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Ontime. Our team works from both coasts, whether at home, in the office, or on the road.
- We embraced new technology. We were previously a Windows-only office and technology. In fact, in our earliest days, some of our computers were as big as a small puppy. Now, we use Macs, Windows PCs, iPads, iPhones to get our work done at a faster pace
- We saw the rise and evolution of FAS 123R.
FAS 123R came, stayed, and had a name change to ASC Topic 718. The work involved in implementing it is still as complicated as ever (if you're using a spreadsheet).
- But one thing hasn't changed… I still work with the best team of people anyone could ask for. Without their dedication to delivering a great product and providing outstanding support to our customers, none of the other changes would be possible.
I look forward to what changes the future will bring to our offering and to the new and exciting companies we get to work with every day. Each day, we have new start-up companies signing up for Corporate Focus and we have existing customers completing their exit by going public or being acquired.
In the spirit of change, I'm also thrilled to announce the general release of the latest version of Corporate Focus. This release includes cross-browser support in modern browsers, native promissory note tracking, and improved warrant tracking. I am excited to release these highly requested features to our customers, so they can generate fully-diluted capitalization tables that now report early-stage convertible note financings from any Mac or Windows computer. You can read more about the upgrade in our Version 7.0 press release.
Finally, thanks again to all of our customers who have been integral to our success so far. As the “Corporate Focus” team, we look forward to working with you and sharing in your company's continued growth and success.